Published by George & Peter,
THE Aqua-Sonic is a P-Open 4 cell LiPo outrigger.
- Made for 36x65-74 mm and 40x65-74 mm motors
- Tub Length: 689 mm (27.126")
- Total Length, from transom to sponson tips: 754 mm (29.69")
- Tub Width: 84 mm (3.31")
- Tub Height: 51 mm (2")
- After Plane: 537 mm (21.14")
- Sponson Length: 442 mm (17.4")
- Sponson Width: 23 mm (.09")
- Sponson Ride-Pad Width: 30 mm (1.18")
- Sponson AoA: 3.9°
- Ski Width: 30 mm (1.18")
- Ski AoA: 1.4°
The boat can be fitted with brushless in-runner marine motors with physical dimensions of 36 or 40 mm diameter that are 65-74 mm long (note, it's physically possible to actually use motors up to 80 mm long but at those lengths it gets more difficult to make a nice cowling and the clearance towards the rear sponson tube is less "wrench friendly").
Note, if you plan to go fast - let's say above 100-110 km/h - then you need LOT's of water cooling to stay below 90°C on the ESC. Use at least 4 mm tubes in the tub and matching large silicone tubes. Make an efficient and short cooling loop so the water will flow as much, and easy, as possible. It might be needed also to add a second water pick-up to cool the motor separately.